A second album from 1925 was probably issued to commemorate the opening of the hew headquarters in Devonshire House. It is introduced as follows.
In 1895 the business of Rootes Ltd. occupied premises of a total floor space of 850 square feet. In 1925 the total floor space necessary to carry on the business amounts to over five acres. In 1895 the staff consisted of two, in 1925 nearly 500. In the following pages will be found illustrations of our various Depots, and we think that we may rightly say that in every instance these are of the most up to date character, and are so spaced as to ensure the adequate operation of the territories we hold from various Manufacturers. Elsewhere in this Album, for instance, will be found a map showing our Clyno territory, comprising 14 counties and the County of London, with a total population of seventeen and a half million. In order to successfully administer this territory, the Rootes organisation is split up into four administrative sections: London, Birmingham, Maidstone and Dorking. These four main depots consist of... In addition to these main Depots, are the two service stations, the main station being that situated at Lodge Place, St. John's Wood, which is the finest services station in England, the other situated at Wrotham Heath, Kent. There is also in addition a Retail Depot at Rochester, operating in the local area. In addition to the above a large bay of Messrs The Austin Motor Company's Works at Birmingham, is utilised by Rootes Ltd. for the expeditious distribution of Austin Cars. Illustrations of all these will be found in the following pages.
This index lists the page numbers in the Album.