Rootes Archive Centre
Comments and suggestions that we have received.
- 6/12/2017, Peter Sainty, Carsluith The certificate and
accompanying documents have arrived safely; very professional and
very much appreciated. Wish me luck for Round 3 with the
- 16/11/2016, Jon Holmes, Leicester Thank you for doing your part
on the V765 form too. I feel like you have had to do an awful lot
of digging around for your fee!
- 30/7/2016, Carl Goodlad, Hinckley: Success! I have received [a]
registration for my Hillman Avenger Alpine. Big thank you for the
work you did towards the end result.
- 18/5/2016, Mark Cunningham, Sherbourne Cinema: Just to let you
know that the V5C for my Husky has just arrived... Thanks so much
for all your help which has led to this successful outcome, I will
let you know when I eventually get it on the road!
- 22/2/2016, Robert Koehne, Australia: You were very helpful to
me in providing a Certificate of Authenticity in respect of my 1951
Humber Pullman. The production record that you were able to extract,
and one old photograph, determined that the re-painting of the car
was in accordance with the original production.
- 10/12/2015, Doug Lyle, USA: This is a great service and I very
much appreciate what you are doing.
- 6/12/2015, Andy Lake, N.Wales: Thank you Bob, I have received
the certificate. It's excellent.
- 5/11/2015, Paul Campbell: I've not forgotten to contact you
with progress, this is just to let you know it's still ongoing!
The certificate you sent obviously worked as it seems to have been
accepted by DVLA, but they wanted the car to be inspected...
- 22/10/2015, Simon Nash: I just wanted to say thank you for the
incredible help that you have provided over the last few months
while I have been researching my car's history. As you know, it was
not without its challenges and your experience, knowledge and
records were instrumental in proving the car's provenance. Thank you
for your patience and attention to detail. It is fantastic to now
have a Heritage Certificate on my file.
- 3/10/2015, Bill Tubbs: I can't remember if I did this already,
but just in case... thanks for the certificate. Got it a few weeks
ago and it looks nice. Thanks to you (and any others) for
providing this neat service from the old records!
- 10/12/2014, P.Verlander, Jempsons, E.Sussex: Just a quick line
to thank you for your help with getting a log book for our old
Commer truck - the registration document arrived yesterday. The
certificate you sent us did the trick, so we owe you a huge debt of
gratitude... without your help this wouldn't have been possible
- 4/12/2014, M.Williams, NZ: The certificate arrived this
afternoon and I am very pleased with the result. Thank you very
much for all your assistance. Appreciated.
- 2/12/2014, J.Lockyer, Somerset: My Rootes Heritage
Certificate arrived this morning in the post. Very many thanks for
all you hard work to get it correct and give me the full picture of
the car. I am learning to like it the more I drive it, sadly its a
bit cold, but with a good flying jacket I seem to be OK. As I said
before I think the service I got from you and Matt was brilliant. I
hope to come up to the Centre next year so I will drop you a line to
see if you are going to be there.
- 2/5/2013, C.Slater, Stratford: The heritage certificate for my
Sunbeam MkIII arrived yesterday and I want to thank you very much
for the research which went into producing it. It will be a
fascinating and authoritative addition to the history file I'm
building about the car. It has already suggested another avenue of
investigation into its history.
- 19/9/2010, A.McPhee, Paisley:Many thanks for being in touch. I
am happy with the details in your sample: this will be a great thing
to have, considering I have had the car for such a long time. Out of
adversity has come an opportunity to do more with it.
- 15/8/2009, R.Scofidio, New York:Thank you for the work you did
to produce the Heritage Certificate. I didn't realize that it would
be brought up to date with my current information. I'm very
- 5/7/2009, D.Ryan, Surrey: Thanks again for your very prompt and
efficient help - much appreciated.
- 17/3/2009, S.Rock, Dorset:Thanks to you both for your help
during my detective work over the past year or so. Putting the body
number on the Heritage Certificate was a bit of a genius stroke Bob,
as [the inspector] saw two drill holes in the bulkhead and commented
that was probably the position where the body number plate was once
- 7/10/2008, S.Rock, Dorset:I received the Heritage Certificate
and associated documents yesterday. Thank you very much for all the
work you put in in obtaining it for me.
The Centre has a visitor's book. We want to put the most
entertaining comments here to share. These are just a few from the
first couple of years.
The visitor's book was first signed by Lord Nick Rootes and Lady Dorothy
Rootes on 1st July 2005. Most of the others present at the opening
ceremony also signed.
- 11-12/1/2007 - Mark Greer, Stephen Lally
- 25/1/2007 - Fiona Elliott
- 17/2/2007 - Vincent Molind, Paul Espi, John Gadsby
- 10/6/2007 - Rob Arijjansen, Nick and Alan Price, Matt and
Freya Ollman, Norman and Brenda Adans, Ken and Gill Dunkley
"superb", Frank Rademaker
- 12/6/2007 - Les Lerch, Matt Richardson "amazing collection,
good luck cataloguing it all!", Peter Luwther, Mark Stretton
"brilliant! could spend weeks here", Ron
and Anne Atherton
- 22/4/2007 - Brian Butcher "what a super set of
literature", Michael O'Mara, Graham Hobbs, Mr. and Mrs. Luck, John
Dolling, Ken Blyth, Paul Grimsdick "nice collection, good to know
that its being looked after and made available", Tim Baker, Rob
Green, Mike Johnson, Bruce and Nicky Gardener, Ed and Jane Rhys,
Sue Faulkner, Martin Dowling, Simon Green, Ron Markham, Shaun
Watts "incredibly interesting with much value", Mike Ockwell
"fantastic! I need more time"
- 17-18/3/2007 - Henry Simpson, Martin Jolly, C.Derbyshire,
David and Eileen Welsh "very enjoyable visit", Eric Kuiper "nice to
be here", Jee and Dennis Roest, John Garside, Peter Carpenter, Alan Simpson
- 23/10/2005 - Derek Eaton, Gary Dawson, Dennis Page, Geoff
Woolf "fascinating", Ken Sharpe, Roger Swift, Paul Meggitt "40
years of memories", David Rowe, Ray Sellers "thank you to all who
have worked so hard", Edward Marney
- 16/10/2005 - James Rampton "despite a modern building, you can feel
and smell the history"
- 17/9/2005 - Geoff Edmonds "a real challenge, appreciate
- 21/8/2005 - Graeme Lawton, Colin Weber
- 6/8/2005 - Jenny Madil "Memories!", Tony Ornstein "what a
labour of love, good luck!", Phil Ornstein "having been around a
Rootes dealership since 1937 I really appreciate the memories",
- 30/7/2005 - Patrick Batten "A fantastic effort, saving
Rootes Heritage for the future", Pete and Ruth Wormald, Richard
and Tima Greenaway, Tony and Janice Burrough, Nick and Sue Smyth,
David and Ronnie Tanner, Stuart Wight, Kathryn Pool, Dolores
Flanagan, Billy Cremin, Ray Moore, Ian and Dave Bailey "well done,
from 2x Rootes men", Steve and Emma Street, Malcolm and Dianne
Fletcher, George and Maureen Smith, Peter Baker, Barry Blake
"superb, money well spent", Steven Davey "very important to save,
well done", Michael leScelleur "a great find, and well saved, wish
I was around at the time", Joan Barton, I. Stewart, Tony Beale,
John Lockyer "Wow, a great facility congratulations and thanks for
all your hard work", Elaine Squires
- 1/7/2005 - Rob and Simon Green, Richard Gunn, Anne
Atherton "A great honour to be at the start of such a great
venture", Sally Sutton, Debbie Kitts, Richard Sutton, Cliff and
Judith White, ...