Re-assembly of K9...
Here is a selection of photos taken during the restoration and
re-assembly stage. This has taken a long time as I was also
researching the project at the same time, without too much joy I might
say. Most information seems to have dried up.
You might find below that I get annoyingly pedantic about using the
correct period parts and materials. I will try to retain as many of
the original parts as possible. The only metric screws will be on
Click to see the photo...
Minor items which I can get out of the way quickly, at least so I thought....
- 26/5/09 - hand brake and bracket. Finished converting an old Imp
h/brake lever to fly-off using the Rallye Design kit. Lots of trouble
with the button, which may need to be re-done. For future reference,
note the button does not simply pull off the rod.
- 24-26/5/09 - pedal
box, probably one of the most complex parts of the car. This
included locating a period Girling cylinder as one of the originals
had seized internally. All three match and are re-furbished internally
using Girling seal kits.
- 16/5/09 - Astrali steering wheel (from Jack Booth)
- 16-17/5/09 - 3x Girling tinned and painted steel brake and clutch
- 9/5/09 - accelerator pedal
- 8-16/5/09 - Lucas plastic windscreen washer bottle, leather strap
and steel bracket
- 1/5/09 - treatment of wooden block that holds the spare wheel