News and Diary
Note: will try to do better!
Bit of a "blip" here, I have no idea how quickly the time went this year.
Wait to see what we're planning for the Imp 50th Anniversary year.
- Un-official site for ImpCymru.
- Jan'2011 - Web site currently being update
- 8th December - Warrington and Cheshire Area Centres decided to
have their Christmas meal on the same day...
- 4th December - finally got around to doing an update on this Web
site. The main Imp Club
site has also bee updated.
- 28th March - trip down to Silverstone with Ron on a windy cold day. 8 Imps
in what was a very good race, see racing page.
- Some time seems to have passed since these pages were last
updated. Neadless to say we have still been active with the usual
shows and other activities.
- We had lots of events etc. during 2006, but I am afraid the Web
site was a bit static...
- April 2006 - with help from Paul in Chesterfield I am adding some
info about the famous Greetham Imps.
- I hope to bring news of Graham's project. He is aiming to analyse
the Imp Club and its ongoing business as part of an A-level
project. This will hopefully provide some interesting conclusions for
the Imp Club committee and also local area organisers.
- January 2006 - updating Web pages for 2006. Send in information
about shows and racing events.
- January 2005 - a few Imps and their owners gathered at 3 Sisters
circuit near Wigan for photographs and filming. This was for Paul
Corfield's project. Best of luck Paul!
- 9/5/04 - visited Mouldsworth Motor
Museum near Chester. They how have a 1966 Imp Super, and we will
be helping to prepare the car to exhibit.
- Easter Sunday 2004 - first HSCC historic race event of the season,
- March 2004 - updating Web pages with show and racing events. Check
- 2003 was a very busy year!
- Fylde AC is moving its meeting venue to The Grapes, Goosnargh. See
- Goodwood Revival - seen it on telly? Ron was there with 2 Imps and
Rosemary should have been driving a third. As luck would have it only
Tony Jardine got out in the race and lasted a couple of laps. It
wasn't for want of trying, but there just aren't enough hours in the
day - ask Ron for the details. Hopefully we'll try again in 2005.
- 24-25th August 2003 - Oulton Park Gold Cup, 18 cars in the display
and 5 Imps racing
- 16-17th August 2003 - Tatton Park Show
- 15th August 2003 - 3 Sisters Dayz of Funder charity track day
- 31/7-4/8/2003 - IMP'40 International Event, 345 registrations and
a small profit for charity. See the report on the Mercia Web
- 13th April 2003 - start of the 2003 racing season, 6 Imps out at
Donington Park HSCC race, including 3 from Mercia area, see racing page. See you at Cadwell?
- Imp Club has been invited to provide a special display at the Oulton
Park Gold Cup, 24-25th August. See shows
page for more information.
- Still working on National 2003, progress now being
made and articles sent into Impressions.
- North Wales Area Centre New Year dinner, some 21 members and their
partners showed up, although some were late (sorry Martin!). Food at
the Wheatsheaf is as good as ever.
- Warrington Area Centre Christmas dinner, some 27 members and their
partners showed up for the festive occasion.
- Site updated 20/9/2002. Important information about
- Shock news, August
1612 - Imps named Ball and Dandy murder anyone who
displease their owners in Lancashire.
- 9th March 2002 - its raining, so I've re-vamped the site
again. More events, more spares, more information about venues, more
pictures about members cars. If you are kept indoors this month why
- 23rd February - its freezing but we went to Southport! See National2003 diary.
- 6th March - first meeting of the new Cheshire Area Centre
- All are meeting to discuss plans for National 2003 at the end of
- 16th January - North Wales area met for dinner at Betws-yn-Rhos
- 17th December -
Warrington area had Christmas Dinner at The
- 3-4/11/2001 - I've been kept indoors with a snotty cold, so have taken
time to re-vamp the site. Si, Gerry and Ron all now think its working!
- 20/10/2001 - The biggest news this week is the creation of this Web
Web site developed and maintained by R.J. Allan
"Hand Knitted Software" 2004-15
Comments on and contributions to the Web site should be send to Bob Allan.